The Ultra Compact DJ mixer
for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad
Mix Anytime, Spin Everywhere
with iRig MIX
iRig™ MIX is the first mobile mixer for iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. iRig MIX offers the same controls you would expect from a professional DJ mixer (crossfader, cues, EQ and volume controls, etc.) in an ultra-compact mobile mixer that can be used with a huge variety of iOS DJ mixing and other apps. It is a complete DJ system for rehearsing, performing and recording. The lightweight and slim design of the iRig MIX allows it to be easily carried in a regular iPad bag. For the first time on any DJ mixer – iRig MIX can be used for mixing any type of audio source (coming from mp3 players, CD players, etc.) with an iOS device using automatic tempo matching and beat syncing. This is accomplished with X-Sync, a feature that works in combination with the DJ Rigfree app from IK Multimedia that is included with iRig MIX.
A DJ Mixer
iRig MIX allows DJs to use a traditional setup with two devices (one plugged into each of the independent channels) OR a single iOS device. For the single iOS device setup, the output of the single device is split into dual-mono and sent to the individual channels. This flexibility, combined with the iRig MIX’s portability gives aspiring and pro DJs a compact system that can be used everywhere…anytime. Now, you can practice when you want – perform when requested – because your “Rig” is always with you. You can set up in minutes for house, backyard, dance and “after” parties. Play in your bedroom, dorm room, or at sporting events before the big game. Planes, trains and automobiles once meant that your DJ gear was inaccessible. Now, no matter where you are or where you are going, you can mix and rehearse sets.
Not just for DJs
iRig MIX also provides the perfect mixing solution for solo musicians or small ensembles that use one or more iOS devices to play live. It features an extra guitar/microphone input that facilitates processing with popular apps like AmpliTube and VocaLive or any other apps that offer real-time audio effects and processing. Its standard RCA output connectors provide direct connection to PA systems or powered speakers.
With its slim, lightweight form factor iRig MIX is considerably smaller than traditional DJ mixers and can be carried anywhere you take your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, is easy to stow and perfect for performers on the go. The iRig MIX also has minimal power requirements allowing it to be powered not only by the included power supply but also by a suitable USB battery pack or a laptop USB port for maximum mobility to mix anywhere. And because the mixer and an iPad only take up about as much space as a laptop, you can leave it set up all the time so you’re ready to go when creative inspiration strikes.
Includes 4 free apps
iRig MIX includes 4 free apps (downloads from the iTunes app store): DJ Rig, the new professional DJ mixing app from IK, AmpliTube, the most popular iOS guitar amp and effects app, VocaLive the processing app for vocalists, and GrooveMaker, the loop based beat and groove making app.
Works With Your Android Devices
Now you can use your favorite Android DJ app or mixing app to get the party going. iRig MIX is fully compatible with Android devices, so you can use two devices to mix and DJ like a pro. If your favorite dual deck DJ app supports dual mono output, (the app outputs Deck 1 on the Left channel, and Deck 2 on the Right channel) you can use iRig MIX to mix and crossfade using a single device.
- 2 stereo inputs with gain, bass, treble and volume controls, independent cue on each channel with LED indication and channel cross-fader
- Instrument/microphone/extra input with volume control can be processed by iOS apps (such as AmpliTube, VocaLive)
- Stereo output with RCA connectors, master level and LED meters
- High quality, pristine sound
- Quality headphone output for master or cue monitoring with independent volume control
- Input switch splits Input 1 into dual-mono for use with DJ mixing apps on a single iOS device
- “X-Sync” mode allows auto-sync with any audio source using the included DJ Rig free app
- Can be powered with the included AC adapter, battery pack and laptop USB ports
- Includes 4 free apps: DJ Rig, AmpliTube, VocaLive, GrooveMaker
All IK mobile apps are available for download from the App Store.
How it works
iRig MIX Controls and Indicators
- POWER: turn on iRig MIX. POWER LED will illuminate.
- GAIN: adjust this control to set the input gain for Channel 1 and 2.
- TREBLE: adjust this control to adjust the high frequencies on Channel 1 or 2.
- BASS: adjust this control to adjust the low frequencies on Channel 1 or 2.
- CUE: press this switch on Channel 1 or 2 depending on which one you want to monitor in your headphones.
- CHANNEL LEVEL SLIDER: move this slider up to increase the volume of Channel 1 or 2.
- CHANNEL CROSSFADER: move this slider to the LEFT to hear Channel 1 on the master outputs, or move this slider to the RIGHT to hear Channel 2 on the master outputs.
- CHANNEL 3 LEVEL: this control is used to set the level for a microphone or instrument connected to Channel 3.
- HEADPHONE LEVEL: this control is used to set the headphone volume.
- MASTER LEVEL: use this control to adjust the global iRig MIX output volume.
- MASTER LEVEL LEDS: these LEDs are used to monitor the iRig MIX level of LEFT and RIGHT master output channels.
- INPUT SWITCH: set this switch to the LEFT position (ONE DEVICE) when using the mixer with only ONE iOS device or other music player. Set this switch to the RIGHT position (TWO DEVICES) when using the mixer with TWO iOS devices or other music players.
- X-SYNC SWITCH: When used with iOS devices, iRig MIX can send audio from device 1 to device 2 and audio from device 2 to device 1 to allow cross-syncing using DJ RIg app. When X-SYNC is disabled, audio from MIC / Instrument channel 3 input is sent to the iOS device connected on channel 1 for processing with an app like AmpliTube or VocaLive.
Mic / Hi-Z Input:
iRig MIX is compatible any audio device (such as MP3 players, CD players etc).
iRig MIX is compatible with any iOS device.
X-Sync feature requires DJ Rig app running on iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (5th, 4th and 3rd generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad. iOS 4.3 or later is required.
iRig MIX is compatible with any Android device.
Mac®: any Mac OS X based computer.
Windows®: any Windows based computer.